Bachelor's Level Internship
We are looking for a tech-savvy energetic individual with a passion for social media, technology, current trends and innovation in the digital and social space, with an interest in the unique challenges of a non-profit organization.
- Identify opportunities that will promote growth on social media sites
- Establish new and maintain existing social media relationships by proactively engaging in discussions surrounding our mission, services and fundraising events
- Listen to and monitor all social media outlets: page sites, blogs, etc. regularly post/respond on particular topics or in response to posts/comments of followers
- Contribute to and regularly update external social sites: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other community sites
- Develop content and promotional idea calendar for these sites
- Work closely with supervisor and social media task force to ensure agency is fully leveraging media tools to create maximum impact
- Analyze and track trends
- Use critical thinking, creativity, and knowledge to develop/maintain engaging website
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of agency services and activities
- Ability to write succinct, intelligent and creative information pieces to engage audience and effectively communicate in all social media channels
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge of and experience with online networks (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, etc)
- Ability to think critically about the position and the agency’s needs
Students applying for this non-paid internship should be a junior or senior in Marketing, Business or Communications major/minor. They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, and ability to work both independently and efficiently on concurrent projects. Applicants must have a solid understanding of web and social media universe. Applicants must identify with the agency’s mission, vision and values.
Letter of introduction and resume should be sent to: Jennie Tietjen, Development and Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com.